I hope your New Year has started well, that you continue to make good progress towards your chosen qualification, and that you are enjoying your time here. I hope you are also developing the skills you need to help you succeed in your chosen career whether through work experience, competitions, trips, residentials or involvement in charity work and learning projects.
I wanted to let you know that the College will undergo an Ofsted inspection between Monday 2nd and Friday 6th February. This will be an extremely important inspection for all of us. We want to do well and make sure the inspectors know about all the excellent things you all do and your fabulous success stories. It is also important that they make the right judgments about our College so we can all be proud of belonging to this College community.
There are many things that you can do to help us prepare and do well. Here are some ways you can help. Please:
- Be punctual to all classes and let’s have 100% attendance.
- Do not eat or drink in classrooms (other than water) and preferably not in corridors
- Wear your ID and make sure it is visible
- Be courteous and respectful as you usually are
- Talk up the College. If there are things you are not happy with let me/ your tutor know so that we can do something about it, but please don’t grumble to inspectors.
- Bring in your work, make sure it is marked and up to date (if not talk to your tutor and get it sorted)
- Be clear about why you are at College, how you are doing against your targets and what your future aspirations are.
Some of you will be asked to meet with inspectors and all of you will see the inspectors (they will wear yellow identity badges) around the College. Attached to this letter
are some of the questions they might ask you and some of the good things about College that you could tell them about. If you need help answering these questions talk to your tutor or to any member of staff.
I know you will all do your best and that you will impress the inspectors because you are what makes this College the caring and vibrant place that it is. Thank you for your support and I look forward to your help through the inspection.
Marion Plant, OBE Chief Executive and Principal